Do you have to deal with blackheads all over your skin and clogged pores that don’t seem to go away? 😭
Yes, they’re easy to hide with makeup but no one wants to feel like their skin isn’t clear or that you can see every pore on your face.
A lot of people have them, but some of us (especially with more oily skin) have to deal with it all over our faces.
So what do you do?
You’ve probably tried squeezing them out and expecting them to never come back again, but more likely than not, they just got worse.
Maybe you’ve tried toothpaste, exfoliating scrubs or even blackhead strips.
I always say there are two main ways to really clear out your skin, especially clogged pores:
- Steam your face or go to a sauna
By going into a sauna or steaming your face, you’re helping your skin relax and your pores open up whilst clearing them out.
And facials are like a concentrated pack for your skin! 😍
You get to just relax, let the mask do its work and it will help your skin absorb all the vitamins you need, whilst pulling out all those blackheads you don’t want.
This facial is so easy to make with simple ingredients you already have lying around at home and all you have to do is mix all the ingredients together, put it on your skin and done!
So let’s go through what you need:
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1-2 tablespoons of rose water 🌹💧
- ½ teaspoon of Fuller’s Earth clay (Multani Mitti)
- ½ teaspoon of white rice flour
The main ingredients are actually just turmeric, baking soda and rose water.
Fuller’s Earth clay and the white rice flour are optional but are going to really enhance the benefits of using this facial, so if I were you, I’d add them in.
But what are the benefits of each ingredient?
Turmeric calms down inflammation, reduces acne breakouts and is great at reducing scarring. It helps target individual pores and works great for oily skin.
This everyday ingredient that most people use in their cooking can easily be used for your skin too. It works as an exfoliant that kills bacteria and works great for clearing out pores and reducing acne.
Rose water 🌹💧 enhances the benefits of other ingredients in this facial and works great for all skin types. It reduces acne, reduces signs of ageing, helps clear out blackheads and gives your skin that textureless look.
Fuller’s Earth clay
Also known as Multani Mitti, this ingredient works as a gentle exfoliant that works great at unclogging your pores and pulling any toxins you have, out of your skin.
White rice flour
Rice powder works as a natural oil absorber for your skin without stripping any moisture. By adding this into your mask, you can help exfoliate dead skin cells and leave your skin feeling fresh.
So it may be great knowing exactly how each ingredient works, but how do you use this face mask?
How to use it:
- Make sure the mixture is well combined and your face is clean.
- Apply the paste in an even layer all over your face and neck, then leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- If your skin is more sensitive, aim closer to the 5 minutes and if your face has more blackheads, aim closer to the 10.
- The paste should be a yellowish-orange colour when applying, but it will turn into a pinkish-red tone after a couple of minutes, so don’t worry when this happens.
- To remove it, just gently massage your face with coconut oil to get it all off (or any of your favourite cleansers).
- You may have to do this a couple of times to get it all off and there may be a few yellow stains on your skin, but if you wait a few hours and wash your face again it should come off.
- Finish off your facial with a spray of rose water and your favourite moisturiser.
- Repeat this once a week or once every two weeks to clear out your blackheads and help your skin look a lot more smooth and textureless.
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp baking soda
12 tbsp rose water
½ tsp Fuller’s Earth clay (Multani Mitti)
½ tsp white rice flour
How to make it:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together (everything, except rose water) in a small bowl.
2. Add in your rose water bit by bit until it makes a paste similar to the consistency of toothpaste. Do this part slowly so the mixture doesn’t become runny, but if it does, add in more turmeric and baking soda.
3. Apply the paste in an even layer all over your face and neck, then leave it for 5-10 Minutes.
4. To remove it, just gently massage your face with coconut oil to get it all off (or any of your favourite cleansers).
You should see a noticeable difference after one use, but keep this up for at least a month to have an idea of how it’s affecting your skin.
And that’s all there is to it! 😃
By making your own, you know what you’re putting on your skin and you know that it won’t damage the delicate tissue, in the short term or long.
Plus, turmeric and baking soda are easy to find in your local supermarket and you can get a bottle of rose water to use for the actual recipe and for spraying on your face after.
Get 100ml of rose water to enhance the cosmetics you already use and to make this simple face mask.
And don’t forget, you can pin this recipe for later! 📌