Here’s the big misconception…
You need to pay for expensive beauty treatments and cosmetics with an endless ingredient list to achieve the flawless skin you dream of.
But the fact is, you don’t.
The list of rose water benefits is almost endless.
It’s been used for hundreds of years, even by the Romans and the Egyptian queen Cleopatra.
Known as ‘nature’s magic potion’ for a reason and with over 105 benefits, you’re going to want this in your daily routine.
Ranging from great skin to great hair, relaxation to aromatherapy – rose water benefits everyone.
But what makes this natural cosmetic capable of so much?
It starts with the main ingredient: roses.
Roses are rich in multiple vitamins.
The vitamins found in roses make rose water capable of so many benefits.
When rose petals are distilled through water, the vitamins dissolve and leave you with the final liquid for you to use in any way you like.
1. it contains vitamin A:
Vitamin A supports cell renewal.
This is important for your skin when you want a clearer, more even complexion.
It also contributes to general skin health to slow down ageing and keeping it supple.
2. vitamin B3 (niacin):
Vitamin B3 is usually ingested in your diet to promote glowing skin and calm any irritation.
But applying rosewater to your face will give you the same effects.
3. vitamin C:
Vitamin C promotes collagen production.
Collagen keeps your skin elastic which slows down ageing, as well as healing wounds.
4. vitamin D:
Vitamin D helps calcium absorption and supports general health.
5. vitamin E:
Vitamin E is great for protecting your face from air pollution, but it also encourages blood circulation in your skin and scalp for hair growth.
Next, let’s look at how these vitamins can improve your skin…
Nature’s magic potion. Delivered.
Get your 1st month free.
Try our 100% pure & natural rose water for free.
Just pay shipping.
Rose water in your skincare routine gives you the best complexion.
Using rose water in your skincare routine has a long list of benefits.
From keeping your face looking young to having the most flawless skin you can achieve, you can have all that with just a few sprays.
6. maintain your skin’s pH balance:
When your skin’s pH balance changes, eczema, dermatitis and acne become an issue, so your skin ends up in a vulnerable situation where it can’t protect itself.
By keeping the pH steady, your skin will be able to maintain its health and look the best it can.
7. control excess oil production:
Those with oily skin will enjoy rose water as it calms down the excess oil production.
That means your skin is:
- less greasy
- your makeup looks better for longer
- and you feel more comfortable with your skin type.
8. reduce the redness of irritated skin:
Rose water contains vitamin B3, which calms down irritation and soothes redness.
9. clear and prevent acne breakouts
10. calm dermatitis:
Dermatitis is like eczema, but you can also have contact dermatitis (caused by an irritant or allergy).
Rosewater can help calm the inflamed skin, soften any dryness and heal the wound.
11. soothe eczema:
Eczema is a problem for many people but rose water can help the issue.
It does this by softening the skin, calming down any irritation and helping the area heal.
12. unclog dirt and oil from your pores
13. moisturise your skin:
Dry skin cracks and suffers in cold months and causes your body to produce excess oil.
This is your body’s way of making up for the dryness but this in turn can contribute to acne.
By moisturising your skin it avoids the cracking and breakouts.
14. anti-inflammatory properties:
Anti-inflammatory properties prevent inflammation, redness and irritation.
15. anti-bacterial properties:
Anti-bacterial properties mean that rose water prevents acne and keeps your skin clean.
16. heal acne scars
17. anti-oxidant properties:
Anti-oxidant properties prevent cell damage and keep your skin looking young.
18. strengthen skin cells:
By strengthening your skin cells you encourage your skin to stay elastic and look youthful.
19. regenerate skin tissue:
When you encourage your skin tissue to regenerate your complexion stays clear.
This is because the constant turnover prevents build up.
This same turnover also helps the skin tone remain even, so you can get rid of your scars.
20. astringent properties:
Astringent properties in rose water tighten your pores and get rid of excess oil.
21. makes a great natural skin toner
22. anti-ageing properties
23. fades wrinkles and lines
24. prevents major signs of ageing
25. reduce and prevent eye puffiness
26. soften dry skin
27. suitable for all skin types:
Rose water is gentle and effective at moisturising and calming oil production.
This means it is great for sensitive, oily, dry, combination, normal and acne-prone skin.
28. even out your skin tone
29. retain moisture with ease:
Over time as you use rose water, you will notice that your skin is absorbing liquid and any creams with ease.
This means your skin is starting to hold onto that moisture and stay hydrated.
30. cleanses your skin
31. encourages skin cell production
32. and doesn’t cause redness or skin damage
Now you know what rose water can do for your skin, let’s look at what it can do for your hair…
From hair loss to frizz, there’s plenty of rose water benefits for every hair type.
Rose water is great for your hair as it isn’t heavy, greasy or difficult to use.
Spraying the lengths of your hair promises frizz-free, gorgeous locks that smell great.
But that’s not all, rose water also:
33. enhances the quality of your hair
34. treats mild scalp inflammation:
Massage rose water into your scalp to ease the dryness and soothe inflammation.
35. help get rid of dandruff:
Dandruff is usually caused by dry skin on the scalp, so using rose water at the roots of your hair and on your head will soften the skin, and prevent the issue.
36. makes a great natural conditioning spray
37. encourages hair growth:
Rose water encourages blood circulation which leads to faster hair growth.
38. adds a healthy shine
39. restore dry and frizzy hair:
Mix rose water into your shampoo and conditioner for a quick fix or make your own DIY mask:
- Combine rose water with aloe vera gel and massage the mixture into your scalp for 10 minutes.
- Leave it in for 30 minutes and wash it out; repeat weekly or every 2 weeks.
40. repair damaged hair:
Create an easy mixture in a spray bottle that consists of:
- 1 cup of rose water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 vitamin E capsules (capsule punctured and oil squeezed out)
Spray this onto washed hair and style.
41. liven up dullness:
After shampooing, rinse your hair with a cup of rose water to add shine and moisture.
42. the sun damages your hair too:
Spray your lengths and roots with rose water to keep it healthy and repair any damage already done.
43. if your scalp itches, massage rosewater onto your scalp and leave it overnight.
Wash your hair in the morning with normal water and the itching will pass.
44. for oily scalps
Massage rosewater into your scalp to balance out the oil secretion (common cause for dandruff and some scalp infections).
45. helps prevent hair loss
Rose water encourages blood circulation for stronger, healthier hair roots which grow into strong, healthy lengths.
Check out this article on how rose water helps hair loss and more into why it does.
But it doesn’t only improve your hair and face, it also improves the skin on your body…
Take care of your body and keep your skin in the best condition possible.
You want smooth, even skin on your face, but why not on your body too?
Pouring rose water into your bath or spraying your skin can reap a ton of benefits:
46. heal scars, cuts and wounds:
Rose water contains vitamin C which helps wounds heal and scar tissue lighten.
47. prevents and soothes sunburn
48. smooths out dark spots
49. smooths out stretch marks
50. flattens out wrinkles
51. stops bug bites from itching
52. improves blood circulation
53. try pouring rose water into your bath tub for softer skin
54. a subtle rose aroma is left on your body after you bathe
55. it’s easy to calm down sunburn with a few cups of rose water in your bath
The benefits don’t stop there. Rose water can do even more.
56. the aroma of rose can help calm down anxiety
57. the scent may be able to lift your mood so you can feel better after a hard day
Check out the research on the aroma of rose here.
There is no strong research supporting rose water and the aroma but many users have reported feeling calmer and less anxious.
58. the smell of roses can help you relax
59. spray rose water onto your pillow to help you sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed
60. relieve PMS symptoms with the scent
61. relieve menopausal symptoms with the scent
62. relieve menstrual cramps with the aroma of rose water
63. improve mood swings by spritzing some into the air
64. improve your circulation
65. relieve toothache:
Soak a cotton ball in rose water and apply it to the sore area.
66. use as a natural perfume:
The subtle scent lingers giving your skin and hair a natural aroma.
67. soothe your eyes by spraying rose water onto closed eyelids:
This will give instant relief to tired eyes after hours of looking at a computer.
68. instant relief for eye inflammation:
Spray rose water onto your closed eyelids to help the inflammation go down.
It can be used in a variety of ways to reap the benefits.
69. as a natural skin toner
70. as a mood enhancer
71. a natural sleep remedy
72. to reduce eye puffiness:
Refrigerate a bottle of rose water and poor some of the cool liquid onto a cotton pad.
Hold the pad against your eyes to calm down eye puffiness.
73. a great way to refresh your skin throughout the day:
Refrigerate a bottle of rose water and spray it onto your skin.
Repeat this throughout the day to keep your face cool and hydrated.
74. a skin softener:
Pour rose water into your bath to soften your skin and leave your body glowing.
75. a natural makeup remover:
Pour some rose water onto a cotton pad and use it to massage your eyes until the makeup has gone.
But be gentle!
Rubbing the delicate skin can cause premature ageing, so don’t be harsh.
Repeat until the eyes have been cleansed.
76. a makeup setting spray
77. a natural after shave to prevent irritation and redness
78. a post workout skin relief spray:
Calm redness and hydrate your skin after a sweaty workout.
This helps to prevent acne and to keep your skin in great condition.
79. a facial cleanser:
Spray your face with rose water after cleansing to clear out your pores and keep acne from forming.
80. a natural eye care spray
81. to help cure athlete’s foot:
Spray your feet with rose water so the anti-bacterial properties can help the infection.
Now you know the various ways on how to use rose water, we can look at the food you eat and what you drink…
Rose water is often used in home cooking, so what are the best ways to consume it?
When using rose water for consumption, make sure it is pure rose water with no added chemicals.
You don’t want to use any with certain ingredients designed for skin care only, instead you want a food grade bottle that is 100% natural and suitable for consumption.
If you aren’t sure, don’t risk it.
But, if you have found a suitable bottle, feel free to try these ideas:
82. pour a small amount of rose water into your tea
83. or use in your home cooking for desserts
84. maybe even added to rice when steaming
85. try whipping rose water into your cream
86. you can always drink a cooled bottle of rose water alone – the taste is subtle anyway
How exactly can you benefit from drinking rose water?
87. it helps hydrate your skin from the inside out and your skin shows what’s on the inside and out
88. it can reduce the signs of ageing
89. it can alleviate your mood
90. relieve bloating
91. heal colds, flus and a sore throat
92. calm your nerves when feeling stressed:
Make sure to sip the water slowly to encourage your body to relax.
93. relieve fluid retention
94. treat headaches
95. settle nausea
96. help with indigestion
97. support healthy digestion
98. can assist weight loss when drunk daily
Rose water can benefit your eyes too
Spray rose water onto your closed eyelids (cooled or room temperature) to help with your eye health.
Never pour rose water into your eyes or use them like eye drops.
Only medicinal eye drop products should come into contact with the eye.
Rose water must be sterile if used on the actual eyeball, which is almost impossible as any rose waters can become contaminated from natural bacteria in the air once opened.
So keep yourself healthy and safe by avoiding contact with your eyes.
If you use rose water on your eyelids you can benefit in these ways:
99. calm inflammation:
Settle any swelling, redness or soreness with a spray of rose water.
Try a cooled bottle to help with cooling your eyelids as they try to heal.
100. stop tired looking eyes:
Your eyes may become stressed and tired after continuous days of little sleep.
It happens to everyone as they try to get along in their busy lives.
By freshening up with a spray of rose water, you can help your eyes look more alive and feel better for the day.
101. soothe eye bags
102. calm any redness
103. protect yourself from dust and pollutants
104. or even refresh your eyes after sitting in front of a computer screen for hours
Let’s look at how rose water can change your appearance…
A paler complexion can be achieved naturally.
105. Rose water can be used to naturally lighten your skin by a few shades.
It’s a common request to use this cosmetic for skin lightening but if used wrong it could lead to a reaction (depending on what you combine it with).
The best way is rubbing a mixture on your skin that consists of lemon juice and rose water to achieve fair skin.
Repeat this weekly for a few months until you achieve results.
Rose water contains vitamin C which helps with producing new skin cells and this turnover of cells evens out skin tone and lightens acne scars.
This same turnover can give you a paler complexion when mixed with an acidic fruit, such as lemon juice.
Which type of rose water is the best?
The best type of rose water is a pure, distilled liquid that contains no harmful chemicals to your skin.
Do your research before using any for consumption – it needs to be safe for eating/drinking so anything that is natural is best.
What can’t rose water do?
The oils will only irritate your situation as rosacea isn’t on your skin like acne is.
It is best to avoid rose water if you have this skin condition.
Remember, distilled roses are so gentle, yet effective, that it makes a great cosmetic for everyone – no matter your skin type or hair condition. So if you’re convinced, you can try our Rose Water subscription box for free.
Nature’s magic potion. Delivered.
Get your 1st month free.
Try our 100% pure & natural rose water for free.
Just pay shipping.
If you know any more rose water benefits that aren’t on this list, write them down in the comments below!