Ah, the dreaded dry skin that always has to crack, and become red and sore during the cold, winter months. 😔
No one likes that tight feeling like their skin is being pulled back on their face or that sting when you try to moisturise your extremely dehydrated hands.
But with a little know-how, you can keep your skin feeling soft, silky smooth, pain-free and looking great all year round!
I’m going to show you how to make a thick, creamy lotion that you can use both on your face and body using all natural ingredients. 🌱
Because you’re less likely to have a reaction, your skin is going to find it so much easier to absorb, it naturally has added vitamins that are going to do your body a load of good, and you know there are no chemicals that can be doing you any harm!
Pretty good, right?
You can play around with the essential oils that are added to this cream but the three I’ve put on the ingredients list are popular for dry skin.
By the way, if you have both oily and dry skin on your face, balance it out by using this 🥑 avocado face mask after cleansing, then spray your face with rose water 🌹💧 (known for balancing out your skin type) and then finish off with this lotion.
So, let’s get into it!
½ cup shea butter
2 tbsp jojoba oil
5 drops basil essential oil
5 drops carrot seed essential oil
5 drops chamomile essential oil
- Put all the shea butter into a glass bowl and place it over a saucepan filled with about an inch of boiling water.
- Let the butter melt and keep stirring until it’s all melted.
- Add in the jojoba oil and stir it in well.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and pour the mixture out into a bigger and cold bowl.
- Place it into the fridge for 15-20 minutes until it hardens, but not solidifies.
- Add in the essential oils and whisk the mixture until it’s all been combined and has a fluffy texture. This should take just a few seconds, so be careful to not over-whip the mixture.
- Scoop it into a jar and store it at room temperature.
It really is easy to make and you can play around with the ingredients.
Don’t like the smell of basil?
Switch it out for lavender.
Don’t like using shea butter?
Try cocoa butter.
Don’t have any jojoba oil?
Use cold-pressed olive oil.
Whatever you want to use and whatever you have, use it – another benefit of DIY. 😍
This stuff is addictive to use, and I really do mean addictive.
It’s good practice to moisturise your body every day but this is going to make you want to use it all the time.
Seriously, your skin ends up feeling amazing!
It also makes a great DIY gift for someone at Christmas, for their birthday or just any time of the year when you want to give them something.
And because no one wants to end up needing a recipe when they can’t find it, don’t forget to pin this for later! 📌